Position Description: The Marketing and Development Intern will assist the Development Team with tasks related to social media, marketing, nonprofit development, and event planning. This position will be project based and will allow the intern to further develop hard and soft skills as they relate to their areas of interest and expertise.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
Social Media & Marketing
- Assist with ideating and creating content for various social media platforms.
- Plan and adhere to content calendars and schedule posts.
- Identification of key performance indicators to measure social media engagement.
- Assist in increasing brand awareness.
- Assist with creation of a volunteer management plan.
- Identify best practices in donor stewardship and make recommendations that fit Gateway to Hope’s capacity.
- Assist in planning small community events and committee meetings.
- Research new fundraising and development resources.
- Identify opportunities for community partnerships in the STL area.
- College student with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Self-starter with strong problem-solving skills
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office and Google product suites
- Interest in and/or experience with non-profit management, content creation and marketing, and/or event planning.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in social media platforms
- Must provide personal computer
Flexible scheduling available. Hours primarily between 9 am – 5 pm. Opportunity to assist with events outside of business hours is available.
Location: Combination of work from home and in person
- $10/hour, 20-35 hours per week
- Gain beneficial knowledge of community needs by serving the community.
- On the job experience in the nonprofit sector.
- Build a portfolio of graphic design work, social media content, and other marketing content as needed.
Qualified applicants should submit a resume and cover letter outlining key skills, a proposed start date, and general availability to email@example.com.